Old 23-06-2006, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ann Heanes

Default Lupins in the wild?

They grow wild at Christchurch in Hampshire, they seem to like the sandy
soil near the coast but are a short lived shrub.
Regards Grannie Annie

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chris Bacon wrote:
I found a couple of plants, in the middle of nowhere, which seemed to
be lupins. The flower spikes and leaves were both smaller than those
of "garden" lupins. They had a marvelluos scent. Do lupins grow wild?

Not sure whether it's a native (wild) in the British Isles, but lupin
is also grown as a protein/oleaginous crop, so maybe this could be a
stray seed? Most of those I have seen in fields here (Ireland) are a
deep blue shade.

Cat(h)