Old 23-06-2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Default New pond

Looks good, but I would not overload it right off with a bunch of
fish., as its going to take a bit of time for the biological portio of
the filter to come up to speed.......From what I have read and been
told it can take 4 to 6 weeks until the filter is up to speed, but
adding a few now shuld not be a problem.
What brand filter is that, A Hozelock Bio-Force or Laguna or other?
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:50:01 +0000, AlecTPR
wrote:

I've had a new pond that I've put in about 2 weeks now and it's about
time to put some fishes in it.

It's a 1000 litre item, 2 1/2 foot deep with a decent enough pump and
filter (and uv bit).

I'm probably going to just put goldfish in it, something hardy, but
I've had various suggestions.

Should I go out and buy a job lot of 10 - 12 all in one go.

or buy 5 - 6 wait a couple of weeks then add another 6.

Guessing fors and against for each.
For buying a job lot, they might not fight as much, but if one has an
infection, they'll all get it.
thanks in advance

AlecTPR