Old 23-06-2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

Default New pond

"AlecTPR" wrote in message

I've had a new pond that I've put in about 2 weeks now and it's about
time to put some fishes in it.

It's a 1000 litre item, 2 1/2 foot deep with a decent enough pump and
filter (and uv bit).

I'm probably going to just put goldfish in it, something hardy, but
I've had various suggestions.

Should I go out and buy a job lot of 10 - 12 all in one go.

or buy 5 - 6 wait a couple of weeks then add another 6.

Guessing fors and against for each.
For buying a job lot, they might not fight as much, but if one has an
infection, they'll all get it.
thanks in advance

AlecTPR

Goldfish will breed like rabbits, if conditions
are ok. I would start with just a few and see
how they do. If you're concerned about
disease from adding goldfish later, you can
always buy a cheap plastic container, set it
up as a temporary aquarium/pond quarantine
tank, put any new fish in there for a few weeks
to make sure they're healthy before adding to
your pond.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA