Old 23-06-2006, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default A bit behind this year.

Mary Fisher wrote:

Ah! I know Fat hen, thanks :-)

If memory serves, it's what appeared in my main ornamental bed last
year, and which was kindly id'd here. I had come up with the rather
daring theory that it was a diseased dahlia.... seen as it was growing
besides a couple, and in many ways, the structure of the plant looked a
bit the same... only a bit different.
Anyway, I was soon put right out of my folly by the kind and
knowledgeable folks here... I may yet see it again, because I only
pulled it once it was covered in nicely ripe seeds :-)

No, it doesn't grow in our garden, hasn't done for years. Nor do daisies or
colstfoot, to my sorrow. they all used to, but stopped well before we had
the hens.

Strangely, they grow in neighbouring gardens ...

I say this all the time... how come *my* plants look so much better
*next door* :-(

Cat(h)