Old 23-06-2006, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve

Default Sorbus Cashmiriana

I bought and planted a Kashmir Rowan last autumn. It was about 6ft
tall. It's doing fine, growing well, but there was only one branch, very
low on the tree, that had any blossom this year. That blossom is now
turning into berries.

I also planted a Malus Robusta - Red Sentinel at the same time and that
was covered in blossom this spring.

Is there likely to be something wrong with the Kashmir Rowan or the
conditions, or am I expecting too much of this young tree in it's first
year in my garden? btw, I am on the east coast of Scotland

TIA

Steve