Old 23-06-2006, 10:06 PM
trin trin is offline
Registered User

Location: South West UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bacon
I found a couple of plants, in the middle of nowhere, which seemed to
be lupins. The flower spikes and leaves were both smaller than those
of "garden" lupins. They had a marvelluos scent. Do lupins grow wild?
Thanks for the question and all the answers it had generated. I've been wanting to ask this myself. My husband was in New Zealand and took photos of drifts of "wild" lupins on the roadsides. He would like to get the same effect in our new patch of garden so planted out two lupin plants hoping they would seed themselves. I was less sure of his chance of success. And the snails are really enjoying their new diet.