Old 24-06-2006, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
luvsmengines

Default Coffee Grounds for Fertilizer???

I went to Google search and typed in COFFEE GROUNDS IN THE GARDEN. Go
there it is interesting. It is a source of slow release nitrogen.
Dave Gaunky wrote:
Yes! They are like black gold for your compost pile, and they do just
the trick for raising the acidity and nutrient value of the sandy soil
for my roses out here in the desert. I prefer to use them when making
compost and then use the compost, but they do good both ways.

Dave

Jethro wrote:
My neighbor swears by throwing coffee grounds at base of his small
trees to make them grow faster. And guess what? They do.

Anyone heard of this one?

Thanks