Old 24-06-2006, 01:06 AM posted to austin.gardening
MAP

Default Comfrey

Kerry,

There are some medical schools in the US where want-to-be MDs are taught
about alternative medicine.

Mary Ann
"kerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
You are treading on thin ice here. Doctors can't "prescribe" an herbal
remedy for any medical condition. Herbs do not repair broken bones.

MAP wrote:
Jim,

A friend who is an MD prescribes comfrey as a poultice for
broken/sprained
bones. His wife recovered in less than the estimated time with a broken
bone by having a poultice of comfrey rather than a cast.

Mary Ann

P.S. I have bought it at Whole Foods, but I don't know about growing it.
would like to know.

"Jim Marrs" wrote in message
Has anyone had experience growing Comfrey. Understand that it makes a
good
green mature and compost tea. Are there any local sources:

JEM