Old 23-06-2006, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Deadheading roses query

Hi folks,

Just me with yet another gardening question. I am learning loads by
posting and reading all the threads on this site and I swear that being
on here is a far quicker way of learning than it is reading any books!

Anyway onto my next query...

I have always dead headed my roses and not really sure if there is a
point to doing this or even if I am supposed to do it. My partner told
me a few years ago that you were supposed to do it, so I have continued
religiously ever since. Yesterday he denied ever telling me to do it
and now I am left wondering if I imagined it, or if he is going
prematurely senile!

Anyhow the point to this thread is that I was wondering if I should
continue doing it and if it has any benefits etc? Can anybody please
share any info?

Many thanks
Gail