Old 24-06-2006, 06:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
higgledy

Default zucchini...

But I have developed fruit already formed on both plants. Once the
female is pollinated the fruit should grow no matter how few plants are
growing. correct?

wrote:
In article
.com,
says...
I have 2 healthy looking zucchini plants with many little perfeclty
formed zucchini squash. But the problem is they never seem to grow to
maturity. There are about 8 squash between two plants, each squash is
about 1" in diameter and 4" long max. They have been this size for
nearly 2-weeks. The plants keep flowering though. Is this a problem?

With just two plants, you may be below the "critical mass" for
natural pollination to work. You need to have at least one male
flower and one female flower open at the same time. And, there
is only a short time-frame when each flower is functional.

I suggest checking them each day, for flowers. And, as soon as
you see a male-and-female pair, pull the male flower off its
stem, peel back the petals, and smoosh it into the female flower.

If the zucchini doesn't grow noticeably within a week, the
pollination didn't work.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/