Old 24-06-2006, 04:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Jim Ledford

Default Best insecticide for adult mosquitos????

Mike Robinson wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mike Robinson wrote:

Its not funny its how it works where I live.
I work under a person with a full exterminators licence, and I only have

pay for a "half" licence which costs $400 less than a full one.

now this gets even funnier. if I remember correctly my state
testing cost me 25 dollars. after passing the state test my
actual license cost 50 dollars a year. certification is good
for a certain number of years. one can earn class credits
during those years or retake the state test after the
certification expires. my license is valid anywhere in the
state of NC for any pesticide application.

in NC, people who work under my direct supervision don't pay.
they work, earn and get paid.

http://ipm.ncsu.edu/pesticidesafety/

A full licence is $150 for your first catagory, $135 for each additional
plus $90 per catagory for a 5 year peroid.
A half licence which enables one to work under indirect supervision costs
about $65 but you have to be under a full licencee.
How is it funny?

goes to show how each state has employed the concept of
'states rights' whereby they each test the waters to see
exactly just how much they can extract from each
'tax paying module'.