Old 24-06-2006, 03:57 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jim Marrs

Default Comfrey

Thanks for all the info. I am going to try to locate some root stock since
that seems to be the way most people start comfrey. I am especially
interested in using it as a green manure. If I break a bone, I think I'll go
the traditional medicine route. I didn't realize so many had even heard of
comfrey. Its just amazing what one can learn.

Have Fun

JEM

"MAP" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jim,

A friend who is an MD prescribes comfrey as a poultice for broken/sprained
bones. His wife recovered in less than the estimated time with a broken
bone by having a poultice of comfrey rather than a cast.

Mary Ann

P.S. I have bought it at Whole Foods, but I don't know about growing it.
I would like to know.

"Jim Marrs" wrote in message
Has anyone had experience growing Comfrey. Understand that it makes a
good green mature and compost tea. Are there any local sources:

JEM