Old 24-06-2006, 10:15 AM
beckys beckys is offline
Registered User

Default fungus knat

Hi, can anyone help? I have a strelitzia (bird of paradise) that is 2 years old (grown from tiny plant) which is thriving but has some form of knats laying eggs in the soil which are infesting our flat! I have tried re-potting, using bug spray and anti fungus stuff for the soil (the soil did have some fungus on it over the winter months). I'm not the most green fingered person but I really want to sort this out - my other half is threatening to throw the plant out! Can anyone help?