Old 24-06-2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mister Gardener

Default zucchini...

On 23 Jun 2006 19:47:41 -0700, "higgledy" wrote:

I have 2 healthy looking zucchini plants with many little perfeclty
formed zucchini squash. But the problem is they never seem to grow to
maturity. There are about 8 squash between two plants, each squash is
about 1" in diameter and 4" long max. They have been this size for
nearly 2-weeks. The plants keep flowering though. Is this a problem?

It's common for many squash varieties to initially produce 3 or 4 inch
fruits, they will not grow any further. A couple of weeks after they
appear, the plant will begin producing full sized fruits. This happens
with the yellow crooknecks that I have been growing for years. I
usually pick them and their flowers to allow the plant to put its
energy into making real fruits. YMMV

-- Mister Gardener
-- Pull the WEED to email me