Old 24-06-2006, 12:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ken Weitzel

Default Coffee Grounds for Fertilizer???

FDR wrote:
"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Jethro" wrote in message
. ..

My neighbor swears by throwing coffee grounds at base of his small
trees to make them grow faster. And guess what? They do.

Anyone heard of this one?

Thanks

My gardening aunt used to put coffee grounds and egg shells around certain
flowers. I add them to my very large compost pile.

My Dad used to bury a eaten corn cob in the holes he dug for tomato plants.
I don't know if it does anything but next year I might try it....along with
an egg shell.

Hi FDR...

One is better than none, but I respectfully suggest that you make that a
dozen crushed egg shells per plant.

Ken

per plant