Old 24-06-2006, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Deadheading roses query

I have always dead headed my roses and not really sure if there is a
point to doing this or even if I am supposed to do it. My partner
told me a few years ago that you were supposed to do it, so I have
continued religiously ever since. Yesterday he denied ever telling
me to do it and now I am left wondering if I imagined it, or if he is
going prematurely senile!

snip

Deadheading is a very pleasant job to do in the cool and quiet of the
evening, just pottering around the garden, it hardly seems like a job.
As the others have explained it does good.

kate