Old 24-06-2006, 09:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
ledoktre

Default New to ponds, have a materials question...

Hi,

Ive been reading around on the internet, and finding that this seems
to be the place to post a question :-)

We've got about 10 acres of land where we live, and we'd like to
consider making a pond. Size is of course determined on expense, and
the other typical factors involved.

My initial question I would ask, is, we happen to have ground on what
you might call a limestone base. We've dug down say 15 feet already,
just to see what would happen, and after a rain of a couple inches,
the water is gone in no time.

Is there some material a person can use to stop "seeping"?

Someone had suggested trying to find some type of clay, but I'd like
to get some opintions before we do anything else.

Thanks,

Doc