Old 24-06-2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Black potatoes

"David Rance" wrote...
My neighbour showed me some black potatoes this morning. She said that
they were self-sets even though she had most of her garden down to regular
potatoes. She said that the stems of the plant were also black. They
weren't big, most around the size of a pigeon's egg. I didn't see the
plant myself.

Anyone have any idea what these might be and, more importantly, are they
poisonous?

Sounds like a throwback, perhaps she let some spud seed last year. Lots of
black spuds in the Andes, and every other colour too.
Can't imagine why they should be poisonous.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden