Old 25-06-2006, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default A bit behind this year.

"Cat(h)" wrote
I say this all the time... how come *my* plants look so much better
*next door* :-(

Ah, I have also noticed this phenomenon!
I come to the conclusion it's just the old greener grass over the fence
syndrome: if you are indoors and look out at your borders or veggie
plot, it all looks blooming and co-ordinated, well-organised and
abundant. But as soon as you go out and look more closely you can see
the gaps/ colour clashes/ bad siting/ pests/ weeds/ etc...

It's to do with things seeming better at a short distance. I find the
same principle works with memories too! ;-)

--
Sue