Old 25-06-2006, 06:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Flower ID help (Queen Anne's Lace?)

"mleblanca" wrote in message
ps.com...

Matthew Reed wrote:
I think this is a Queen Anne's Lace. Can anyone tell if it is/isn't?

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3572.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3573.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3570.jpg

Yes itis QAL.
You can see the identify small rosy pink flower in the center of the
umbel (flower head)

mle

I saw that but wasn't sure. Most QAL that you see around here don't have
that - it's usually black. I'll have to pay closer attention. This one was a
volunteer that sprang up near my well pump. It grew so big so fast, and my
kids love it, I didn't have the heart to pull it out :P