Old 25-06-2006, 04:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Mike Robinson

Default Best insecticide for adult mosquitos????

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
Mike Robinson wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mike Robinson wrote:

I'm not american

immigrate?

LOL no I live in Canada.

I spent a little over 18 years working for Nortel [BNR].
traveled many many times from RTP to several different
cities in Canada. Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto,
Brampton, Nepean, ST. Laurent. as a visitor, I kind
of liked Canada, the place, the land, the climate.

btw - it was your turn to LOL. it just ain't right for
me to have all the laughs. got to share, you know!

We HAD a nortel plant here in my town (Kingston, between Toronto and Ottawa,
home of a ton of NHLers) which was turned into a Norcom CDT plant whcih shut
down recently.

and the course is only offered through a university and is
an actual course.

well, I'm pleased with how a system was devised and put into
place whereby joe-homeowner can't get his uninformed hands on
restricted use pesticides... although it is rather sad watching
joe-homeowner go and buy watered down products and then thinking
to himself how he is actually going to accomplish his desired
result...

The big thing here in Ontario is the municipal governments were given

the
power to ban pesticides, even though it is regulated by the provence and
federal governments. But the key is they can ban professional licensed
HIGHLY trained people from spraying them, but the products are available

at
the store still, even in watered down form.
It's an expensive system but it makes sure the people trusted with the
products are 1) trained 2) willing to invest the money in training so

they
are willing to invest money into insurance and saftey 3) responsible.

trained, training, safety and responsible are all good words where
chemicals and pesticides are concerned.

good day 2U - eh