Old 25-06-2006, 03:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vivek.M

Default New urgler : Vivek.M - from Bangalore, India.

Bangalore, that's the "Garden City" isn't it?
Very beautiful as I remember, lots of plants and green everywhere (unlike
some parts of your country).

Well, our family has been here for eons; well, ever since my
grandfathers time. Since 95, because of the software boom, the
population has sky-rocketed with real estate prices going through the
roof. I used to love the place when we first moved, as a kid. The
roads used to be deserted and we used to play cricket in the by-lanes
and wander all over. There used to be a huge park ( at least it looked
huge at that time, now it looks a little small ) which was
un-developed ( brambles, a broken down old brick shed and a huge dirty
gutter in which black tadpoles would swim ); Now it's a place for
plump ladies to jog!! There's heaps of traffic and everyone wants to
sit in Coffe Day! Hopefully we'll sell and move out once i'm done with
college. I've been trying to con Dad in-to buying some land ( 'bout 20
acres ); he seems keen on it, so.. *grin*. Partly why i decided to
learn gardening..The countryside can be very nice, unlike the citys
which are glorified slums, with little islands of opulence.