Old 25-06-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT

Default Growing Oregano

"Nick Maclaren" wrote:
No. It (Oregano) should be planted in poor soil, kept in full sun, and
given
minimal fertiliser.

---

How true. I have just this morning harvested my home grown Oregano and hung
the stalks up in my shed to dry. The smell of oregano is almost over
powering.
I have always gown oregano in full sun, on very poor, sandy soil with lots
of
added flint chippings and bucket loads of grit.
Cutting the flowering stalks now means that I have a second supply towards
the
late autumn. I have never given my oregano any fertilizer as I grow it
together
with wild flowers.

MikeCT