Old 25-06-2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Landrey

Default Female squash flowers falling off

I am growing acorn squash and I have noticed that the vast majority of the
female flowers will fall off long before they ever bloom. I have no shortage
of male flowers and thankfully I have successfully pollinated the few female
flowers that have actually bloomed. Any advice as to what the problem could
be?

Also, the male flowers seem to outnumber the female flowers 10 to 1. Not sure
if this is actually a problem though,

Lastly, how long does it usually take acorn squash to be ready to pick after
pollination?