Old 26-06-2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Thomas

Default Growing nice tomato's...

Well, don't know why it's such a problem for you. My problem is too many
tomatoes. I'm in zone 9 (Texas) . As every year, I stupidly plant too many
plants (9) and I've been harvesting big fat tomatoes for 2 weeks and soon
will have to start canning, selling or giving away. My plants are almost 5
feet tall. Feed the soil, don't feed the plants. Compost, compost,
compost! Do you add epsom salts when you plant? It helps. The manure is
also a good idea. I can send pics if you want to prove it. ;-)
Thomas
"D.Reid" wrote in message
...is alot like bass fishing! It's a pain in the butt. They are
finicky...it takes major effort, patience and expense.

The only reason I keep at is hoping to get lucky!

Dave...(doin his annual "Tomatoe Dance" to the gods) Down in Florida.

(Hey...the Rain Dance worked...I'll try anything at this point!