Old 25-06-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default grape vine

"KK" wrote

A friend has recently moved home & has found a grape vine growing in the
gardenl. No idea what variety. It has flowered & is forming little
grapelets. He is no gardener, and I know nothing about vines & cannot
advise
him.

Can anyone offer basic advice / info on grapevines?. We are in
Gloucestershire if that is relevant.

Yes, if a small vine take off all but two bunches of grapes if you want big
fruit for eating (depends on the size of the vine so on a bigger one leave
more), prune all laterals down to two leaves after a bunch of grapes or to 6
leaves if no fruit on it. Prune off all thin weak growth back to the main
stem.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden