Old 26-06-2006, 03:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vivek.M

Default Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:50:46 +0100, K wrote:
I don't think Dave has room for a compost heap (1) ;-)
'Small' in an English garden means small. The first house I lived in as
an adult had a garden 20ft wide and 15ft deep.

(1) certainly not a banana sized one!

Ghosh! I thought his "small" meant "actually big, but had filled it
up with plants and stuff"; which is why i was grinning like a silly
monkey, because my Dad does the same brilliant thing with the house (
fills it up with precious "gems", that are too precious to dispose!
LoL ) Anyway ..

Hmm..well he could dry the Banana-stem shavings to get rid of excess
moisture ( on the roof, if it's possible; that will shrink them a bit
and speed up decomposition ) then heave emm all in-to a nylon-sack or
plastic-bag along with the nitrogen, fungus and other mycelium; Then
seal the bag shut. It won't hog too much place and he could leave it
on the roof to keep it warm.