Old 26-06-2006, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mary Beth

Default Hydrangea wilting in the sun

"Phisherman" wrote in message
It will help to transplant it. In my opinion, the sooner you
transplant it the better. Soak it immediately after transplanting,
and soak it again the next day. My hydrangea gets morning sun and it
wilts easily, but recovers quickly after a good drink. Your new
transplant will greatly benefit from a compost mulch. It took a few
years for my plant to become established, now it is too big--almost 5
feet high 5 foot across! It is blooming right now, some flowers are
pink, others are blue.

Really? Different colors on the same plant? Very nice to know, thanks! And
funny thing......mine did start to grow after I mulched it.

One of these days I'm gonna grow that big green thumb. With a lot of help
from ppl like ya'll here. Nice group!

MaryBeth