Old 26-06-2006, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Growing Oregano

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Broadback writes:

| I have some "Greek" oregano that I purchased as a plant, very cheap in a
| local greengrocers, its great. Bought some "oregano" from a garden
| centre last year, put some on my salad, it was awful, as bitter as an
| unripe gooseberry.

That makes you one of the 60% of the UK who can't distinguish bitter
from sour :-)

Not just in the UK, and I think you're being conservative :-)
Not sure it is so much a palate thing as a vocabulary thing.
But now that I think of it, maybe it is a palate thing...

Cat(h)