Old 26-06-2006, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FDR

Default Growing nice tomato's...

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message
news
FDR wrote:

Geez, I'm in 5 a and still haven't seen a tomato. When do you get yours
in the ground. I have to try that cow manure trick next year.

Well, I'm in Poughkeepsie NY for your reference. I cheated this years as
we had a very warm spring so I put 'em in around the first of May. The
biggest one on the vines so far is about 2" in diameter. None ripe yet
though.

Are you getting bugs or something or just no growth?

--
Steve

Poughkeepsie is a far way from Syracuse. Now I understand the difference.
We can have cold weather through the end of May, so rarely do I get anything
in the ground before the last week in May.