Old 26-06-2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default pearlscale goldfish questions and help request

if you know the dealer that is one thing. those that go to the show without
pre-knowledge of the dealer can get badly, badly burned. many dealers order fish for
these shows and they are right out of the ice cold box they were shipped in from
China or ???? they are dumped into tanks without any filtration and the ammonia
climbs during the day they are there. these fish are going to die in the buyers
tanks. and good luck trying to get replacement or money back.
as a newbie I bought an outrageously gorgeous oranda at one such show and the next
day it broke out with the most hellatious case of ich and died. There are some
people bring their own "home grown" fish to shows, like Al Foster.
most of the time drop sellers wont even tell you they just got the fish even if
asked. buyer beware!!! Ingrid

~ janj wrote:
I hear you when you say it is hard to find quality goldfish. You might want
to check into koi/goldfish shows around you. Usually many dealers show up
with fish for sale. At our recent convention I contacted the one dealer
coming I knew had goldfish and they brought 20-30 in for me to look over. I
purchased 2, a telescope orange & white veiltail and a panda moor. The
later is what I hope to breed. For shows in your area go to www.akca.org
and maybe www.goldfishconnection.com or google for Dandy's Orandas.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/