Old 26-06-2006, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

In article .com,
"DavePoole Torquay" writes:
| K wrote:
|
| Lovely! I do like plants to look enthusiastic and abundant, as if
| they're bursting out of their available space. I hate the 'bare soil
| dotted with plants' look.
|
| To my eyes, that's the only way to grow them. Anything less is a waste
| of time and space. Minimalists (aka mini-maulists) Bah! Go away and
| stop spreading ennui and start spreading manure!

Well, as someone who grew up in the savanna, I like that look - but
it needs a lot of space and a climate to suit! It isn't very different
in that respect to the UK parkland look, which is well suited to gardens
of a few hectares and up.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.