Old 26-06-2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Yellow jackets in my garden

Matthew, bees do not eat turnips. When you see bees around the garden,
their main interest is the flowers. To them, you're like a maintenance
person changing fluorescent bulbs in a busy office, with your ladder
getting in everyone's way. It's their office.

snip

When I said "bee", I meant the yellow jackets. We have many "bees" around
here, and they are our friends. They don't bother us, we don't bother them.
Yellow jackets are another story. My sister-in-law is deathly allergic to
their stings, I'm not to crazy about them either, and I would happily kill
every one of them :P