Old 26-06-2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Digging pond - dirt and grass

"DKat" wrote in message
LOL - My son is taking money for the job to spend in Italy for his study
abroad next semester. He already gets all that he can eat plus his mother
(me) being tricked into cooking and cleaning up after him (including
folding his freshly washed laundry). I have spent the last 6 years
telling him I'm not going to do his laundry, cooking, or cleaning. He
basically is very good at outwaiting me and has more charm that he knows
what to do with.

Time to push him out of the nest. ;-)

I was around 43 when I dug my first pond. The last one I dug was at about
53. I was actually going to do this one but when the 20 year old wanted
money it seemed the perfect solution for both of us. As I said, I do envy
him his youth on this particular case (most of the time I don't - I really
like being near 60).

Actually I'm enjoying my golden years as well. I have time for hobbies and
interests I never did when I was working. We just added a new greenhouse
and I've been spending time on that.

DK

P.S. are you going to try the google group?

No. I did join Koiphen.com. They have an excellent Water Gardening Forum I
love. You can post pics right there for all to enjoy, unlike this Usenet
forum. There are some very nice helpful people there. You may want to
check it out.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.