Old 27-06-2006, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens.organic
Mike C#

Default Ladybugs and earthworms?

"George.com" wrote in message

most likely stuff you know already, however for the record, compost heaps
&
dung heaps both provide breeding grounds for worms that you can easily
spread around your garden to transplant worms. Leaving organic matter on
your gardens, mulched grass on your lawn etc will provide feeding grounds
for the worms. Using organic fertilisers will encourage them to travel to
the source of food and multiply. My opinion (others may disagree), using
weed or pest sprays and synthetic fertilisers on a regular basis will
deter
worms. If used, use sparingly. Evidence of good worm numbers points to
good
functioning soil and the soil food web. From there drainage, compaction
etc
will improve.

rob

Appreciate it. I'm a little limited in what I can do here in the apartment,
but I do want to make a "worm-friendly" environment... without offending my
neighbors with the sights and scents of course