Old 26-06-2006, 10:56 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Default Speaking of Fire Ants...

I recently (two weeks ago) used "Over and Out" on my fire ants. I
followed the instructions and it helped, but they are not all gone.
You can try nematodes. www.yardgeek.com is one place to get them.
We had this same discussion in another group, and I went searching for
a nematode source. It says right on one of the sites that sell them
that they will not work on fire ants, but another gal didn't read all
the instructions before buying the nematodes. She put them on, and so
far they appear to have killed off her fire ants. Worth a try.

Cindy