Old 27-06-2006, 11:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens,alt.religion.kibology
Adam Funk

Default I've been pruning my shrub, IYKWIM.

On 2006-06-25, David E. Ross wrote:

I planted rosemary from a tiny 1-inch pot about 30 years ago. The bush
it taller than I am. The trunk is about 3-inches across. This was (of
course) an upright variety, not trailing.

Wow!

Just be sure that your climate is suitable for rosemary. It does not do
well with snow, and too many messages in this newsgroup discuss how
rosemary fails to survive the winter as a house plant. I did see a nice
rosemary bush in a climate-controlled greenhouse in Toronto, Canada.

I've been growing it outdoors in England, although when the plant was
smaller and in a pot I put it in the (unheated) greenhouse every
winter. I think once it gets big enough, rosemary becomes quite hardy
and can be planted out.

--
Vielen Dank