Old 27-06-2006, 01:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tomato Problems

Another possibility is Southern Blight.
http://www.ento.okstate.edu/ddd/dise...hernblight.htm
JD wrote:
wrote:
If this is a problem that occor after the palnt begins blooming and
setting tomatoes and the vine also shows signs of wilting, You most
likely have Fusarium Wilt. The only thing you can do about is use
resistant/ tolerant varieties. They will have a list of disease
resistence after thier names (like VFN) .
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3122.html

I might be wrong, but I don't think this is the problem I'm having. The
symptoms sound pretty familiar but the photo's look nothing like my
plants. They are wilting from top to bottom, leaves are curled (as if
covered in aphids), and leaves are dying from bottom up, but I've cut
into the limbs of the bottom leaves and found no discoloration in the
vascular tissue. Perhaps this is correct diagnosis and I'm just not
able to see what is being shown in the photo. I'll have to wait until
next season to find out I guess, when I purchan VFN resistant tomato
strains.

Thanks for the help.
JD.