Old 27-06-2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
cb

Default pythium blight on lawn

I am pretty sure I have pythium blight in my lawn. The areas affected are exactly as described on several turf/lawn sites I've visited--greasy, matted, and cottony, and patchy where it's dried out. Aside from the problem with saturated soil, which I've experiencing now in central Virginia with the flooding, is there a way to rid my soil and lawn of this nasty fungus? I don't really think I can improve the drainage of my lawn without doing some massive regrading...which I'm not willing to do at this point. Besides, the lawn is gently sloping anyway. I guess my real question is, is there something I can buy to put on this turf, or do I need to get a chemical company, like Chemlawn, out?