Old 27-06-2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.organic,rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden
Carolyn

Default Vincae getting eaten?

Earwigs will eat flowers, leaves & stems from my experience with them.
Can't remember if they have antennae, but the rear end of them has pincers,
almost like crab claws. They are brown/black, long & narrow, about 1/2"
long, squirmy. They like to hide in flower blooms and other crevices. You
can kill them on site and use insecticide. Good luck!

"Mike C#" wrote in message ...

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
. ..
Shield bugs don't have antennae that split at the ends, but flower
beetles
(a type of scarab beetle) do.

I'll buy that. I can't seem to find much info on them... do they eat
flowers? Or do they eat other insects or what? I.e., should I kill them
on sight?

BTW, the antennae look like this (x2):

\|/

Thanks