Old 27-06-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
lhneb

Default Growing nice tomato's...

D.Reid wrote:
...is alot like bass fishing! It's a pain in the butt. They are finicky...it
takes major effort, patience and expense.

The only reason I keep at is hoping to get lucky!

Dave...(doin his annual "Tomatoe Dance" to the gods) Down in Florida.

(Hey...the Rain Dance worked...I'll try anything at this point!

Dave,
The truth of tomatoes is there are no rules. I got my first tomatoe
and the plant died.
OK maybe too much fertilizer (the natural sheep kind). Then the Super
Bush VFN are on the corner and something is breaking them off. The
Golden Girl look great with blossoms but are slow to get a tomatoe.
The Celebrity are great here. They really love the Miracle-gro, which
is my favorite fertilizer. It is a late plant and no rain in sight in
Nebraska so you spread out your varieties and use TLC.
Good Luck,
Lucille