Old 27-06-2006, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default baby snake

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:08:52 +0100, MikeCT wrote
(in article ):

"Bob Hobden" wrote in a message:
snip Once common snake in the UK now getting rarer, not poisonous at all
but a big one (3ft+) will give you a nasty nip if angry. I speak from
experience!!!

---
If angry, apart from nipping you, they often emit a rather foul smelling
liquid that l-i-n-g-e-r-s. As I have found to my cost.

Also if threatened they will play dead. The cats found one in our garden
once and it just froze in a coil. We watched it for ages and it didn't move
an inch until we took pity on it and put some cover in front of it, then it
was off.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Whitton Open Gardens weekend 1st & 2nd July; enjoy the conservation