Old 28-06-2006, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
limey

Default malathion

"George Shirley" wrote in message
news
limey wrote:

I understand malathion kills honey bees? (which is a bad thing.) The
county used to spray for mosquitoes several times a summer but were using
malathion. I haven't seen a honey bee in a long time - is that the
cause?

There's been a lot in the ag news about some sort of mite that's been
killing off whole hives of European honey bees, the kind we've had in the
USA for over 200 years. I don't think anyone still uses malathion to kill
mosquitoes nowadays.

George

No, the county stopped using malathion a number of years ago. I don't know
what they use now. I hadn't heard about the mites.

Dora