Old 27-06-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Help with bed design please

"K" wrote in message
Broadback writes
Not being an artistic sort of chap, I can admire well designed gardens but
lack the vision to design them. I am planning on an island rose bed, what
would be a pleasing shape, is an oval or oblong with circular short ends
best? Also what proportion of length to breadth, is 2:1 pleasing to the
eye?

Shouldn't the Golden Ratio come in here? (Square root of 5) divided by 2
if I remember rightly.

The answer is about 1.6 so summat is wrong. Looked it up (1+sqrt5)/2.
Architect man spent ages wiffling away about this to me last week (at vast
expense).

--
Kay