Old 28-06-2006, 04:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
DKat

Default Digging pond - dirt and grass

"~ janj" wrote in message
So my question is - has
anyone else just piled the excess dirt and grass on top of the grass
next to the pond and left that as a hill. If so, what were the
consequences? Did the grass just compost away after you put plants in
the hill of soil or what?

DK

No problems here with the above. 40 when the first ponds went in, but my
sons, 10 & 13 at the time, helped quite a bit. ~ jan

Long Island puts enough chemicals in it's water to kill a fish. I can only
add new water at a really slow trickle and for the new pond the fish won't
be transfered without the water setting for a good while (a week) and lots
of stuff added (dechlorinator, good bios, etc.). Ph has never been a
problem though.

DK

P.S. thanks for the link. I'm glad to find a good room again.

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium