Old 28-06-2006, 03:48 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default how to kill fire ants in large planters?

"Cindy" wrote in message
. com...

Coax 'em out overnight with some dry dog food in another container that's
burnable. Toss the container in the bbq pit. Works with carpenter ants,
not sure about fire ants. Using "come and get it" dog food.

Normally, I use Amdro for fire ants. Never used it in a plant container
though. It kills 'em, just not right away.

Thanks, I'll go for the Amdro. Don't have a barbeque pit.

Arghhh, no pit. Not even a simple charcoal grill?
Am blessed here with multiple acres of two kinds of oaks. Have to do
something with those that die, or need some pruning. Also have a burn pit
for my paper refuse. Its fun burning those credit card mail advertisements.
Ya gotta try it...
--
Jonny