Old 28-06-2006, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Do Mice eat Strawberries?

In message , RayH
writes
My Friend has an allotment and his strawberries are going missing not only
the ripe ones but the green ones as well
They are been taken of at the stalk and taken away
could it be mice ?.
Has anyone some other explanation for this
RayH

Mice eat anything at all. However, it may be slugs and snails. You can
see by the trails they leave behind. Many people use beer in a dish to
get rid of them but I have found that only slug pellets do the trick.
(You can get organic ones - I have to rush off now or I would look up
the firm that sells them on the net but they are also on the Barnsdale
Gardens site). HTH
--
June Hughes