Old 28-06-2006, 12:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George Ewart

Default Moles ? another opinion

If you are old like have the time....
First I flood their runs and holes with water.
Sometimes when I do that the mole comes to the top for air and then he gets
it.

If that didn't work, I flatten al the runs. Stepping on them, running the
golf cart over them or lawn roller.

Wait and hour and go back and look. Usually the mole will start back up
again in an hour or so and you can see him pushing the ground up. Take a
shovel and jam it in the ground/run about a foot or so behind him.

You can then flush him out with water or use another shovel to dig him up,
or in my case, I sick the dog after him.

It may take a few times of stomping the runs down till you get to his main
that one he uses. You can then watch it to catch him. It takes a little time
a patience.

But, for an old guy who has been doing it for years, a little time costs
nothing at all.

" Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
Well,
I think I am getting my thistle problem under control . Well, now I am
starting to see mole tracks in the yard . Today I looked out and I have a
pile of dirt in the yard that wasn't there last night . I don't know much
about moles . Now, is this pile of dirt where they start their tunnel, end
it or what ? I would like to know a way to get rid of these varmints .
Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Raz

BTW: I am not an animal activist so don't worry about any effective way, I
don't care how it is done . As long as I get rid of them.