Old 28-06-2006, 11:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
ant

Default Why aren't there acorns on my little oaks?

I grew some oak trees from some acorns I found, and planted them some years
back, and they are doing really well (very dry, very windy farmlet, rocky
shale soil). I'd like to grow some more, and hoped for acorns as it's the
right time of year, but after a careful rummage around in the leaves,
nothing.

Do oaks have to be a certain age or size before they generate acorns, or are
these trees holding out on me so I don't get any more free trees?

--
ant