Old 28-06-2006, 12:46 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Tasty Tomatoes

In article ,
"RamRod Sword of Baal" RamRod @truthonly wrote:

I now live in the suburbs of Cairns in Far North Queensland, and the
commercially grown tomatoes have little or no taste.

Sure some of this can be attributed to my aging palate, but are there any
types of tomatoes that are full of taste that can be home grown these days?

Pretty much any tomato from your own garden will taste better than the shop
ones, just because you pick them ripe and eat them fresh. You main problem is
gettting to them before the fruit flies do. I find that cherry-type tomatoes
are less prone to FF, and that dry weather keeps FF away -- unfortunately, it
doesn't do much for tomato pollination!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue